DragWars is the name of the Dragon Warriors discussion group hosted by Yahoo that has been around for several years. Sadly, however, the archive is difficult to mine for relevant articles and information, so I created a quick index of discussions that piqued my interest - it is far from a comprehensive index of all discussions, as I have weeded out A LOT of articles and discussions:
- Site admin submissions, including admonishing users for breaches of the rules
- DW licensing and/or copyright, etc., discussions
- Notifications of books for sale, relative rarity and/or from where to buy them
- Anecdotes from games
- Promotion of websites and external content. Relevant and current sites are linked from Elsewhere within the Cobwebbed Forest
- Speculation about future DW publications/editions (without any actual content)
- Comparisons of Dragon Warriors with other gamebooks (FF, LW, etc.)
- All headers, signatures and advertisements were edited out
- Fabled Lands content or other non-Dragon Warriors material by the author(s)
- Requests for players in PBEM/PBF/Convention Dragon Warriors games
- Discussions about a d20/GURPS/etc. versions of Legend
- Any 'white noise' posts, like "I agree", or "me, too", etc.
- Questions posed without (meaningful) answers
- Balance of effectiveness of professions in combat
The last point took me a particularly long time to decide whether to keep in or out, but as a role-playing game, I eventually decided that discussions around the relevant effectiveness in combat are irrelevant - what is relevant is that a character has a role to play, not how good they are in combat.
With the above in mind, the following is a (growing) list of indexed DragWar discussions. Only the first message in a thread is hyperlinked - other messages in that discussion can be accessed through the Yahoo Groups interface.
- Elves and their Shadows (which continues here)
- Armour Bypass Rolls of Various Weapons
- Initiative Based on Intelligence
- Alternative Combat Mechanic
- Parry and Evasion
- Ability Checks